Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Great Grandma's Dresser




Before: This was part of a whole set and this is the only piece I have left. It's from the 1940s. It even still has old newspaper ads in one of the drawers. Look at the home prices advertised!

There are 5 bedroom homes listed here for 7,000-10,000 dollars. Pretty cool. BUT the problem was, was that it just didnt fit my style. So, I decided to paint it and get new handles for it. Just a little face lift.
After: I bought black paint intending to just make it black since I didn't want to have to sand the whole thing and stain it. When I went to paint it the finish on it made the paint look like a stain so I just went with it. I was thrilled with how it turned out. It's better in person but here's the pictures

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't hate it. I was a little scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I have to admit I was scared too. Depending on the piece I have furniture painting disdain, but this looks totally awesome!! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for not hating it. When you come over next you'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete